Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Special Kind of Person.

Last Saturday morning Mothership and I were witness to that great Aussie ritual - the garage sale. It happened right across the road so we were able to see all the comings and goings. As everyone knows the advertised start times of garage sales mean nothing and people were showing up well before the clearly stated 7am start time.

Now I know that people who get out of a nice warm bed at the crack of dawn to drive around and sift through other peoples belongings are a special breed but I didn't know that they were truly shit at parking. Without exaggeration, at least 50% of cars that attended the garage sale parked across the sellers driveway! There was heaps of space on either side of the road yet they chose to obstruct the driveway.

Here's just a tiny sample of what we saw:


Fuck we're a weird race. Especially me...

3 comments:

  1. But Fathership; there was, like, NO other room to park anywhere else! The cars were bumper to bumper for MILES I tells ye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is classic..I really need to come and live with you guys just for a week. Remind me to pack some Tena pads because I surely will be PMSL all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the Tena pads - we've got plenty of nappies here Ellie!

    ReplyDelete