Sunday, May 18, 2008

Health Update... (no pun intended).

Yesterday my wife and I were lucky enough to simultaneously wake up together at 2:30am with what seems to be a nasty case of gastro. At one stage my wife was in the toilet vomiting while I was in the bathroom next door doing the very same thing. I can honestly say that I cannot remember feeling so awful. Zero sleep and MANY visits to the toilet.

We decided to try the "fasting" method and not eat anything until our bellies were empty so there would be nothing left to poo/vomit. It's now about 36 hours later and I am feeling a lot better but hungry as hell. I broke my fast with a healthy dose of salt and vinegar chips and a glass of Coke. It's too early yet to tell what the consequences of this will be.

In a strange twist, my wife received a text message from her mother yesterday saying that her house was out of bounds for any visits because her husband had woken at 2:30am with a horrible case of gastro! How weird!

Of course the children sensed that we were tired and feeling crap so they launched a coordinated attack on our sanity. EVERY button was pushed and no liquid was left unspilled etc.

Anyhow here's a picture that sums up how I felt yesterday:


2 comments:

  1. Well I have to say, Fathership, that the shark in your otherwise spot on photograph, looks decidedly more active and energetic than I recall feeling.

    Oh, and just a further reminder for you (in case you'd forgotten the previous warnings): If the coke and chips make you feel extra bad, do not come knocking on my door for sympathy - they are not the current recommendations on Dr Google!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Google is not accredited in Queensland. He can get stuffed.

    ReplyDelete