Sunday, February 17, 2008

When Did Teenage Boys Become Teenage Girls?

My wife and I have noticed an alarming fashion trend that is afflicting our adolescent males. They look like chicks. Many of them must spend ages every morning preening and primping their expensive hairstyles and assembling a collage of accessories to match their outfits. Outfits which seem to resemble a mashup of pirate gear (pantaloons for Christs sake!!!!) and items found in the wardrobe after the filming of a David Bowie music video in the early 1980's. They then top it all off by choosing the dumbest possible looking pair of sunglasses and the most colourful, gayest baseball cap tilted at EXACTLY 45 degrees.

And don't get me started on the girls!
The hooker look is back in style...

2 comments:

  1. BACK?!?! I don't think it went anywhere! Lucky I was a chubby checker as a kid and didn't really have the "bod" to pull off (pardon the pun) whore-wear. Mind you, even a few extra kilos - or twenty - doesn't stop them nowadays. "Nowadays"??? Ahh, such a wise and worldy old broad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pantaloons...oh that gets added to the list of words that make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete